Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: Third Scroll by Dana Marton



A maiden healer sold to barbarians.
A world of savage warlords and cruel concubines.
When ancient powers collide, can the slave save the realm and the high lord's heart?












What I Thought: I picked this book up when I found it listed as free on Amazon. I have to admit that what first made me want it was the beautiful cover, and although I have tons of other books that I have also picked up for free, I chose this one to read first. I cannot begin to express how much I LOVED this book. It had me captivated from the beginning until the end, even bringing tears to my eyes as I read the final chapter. Yes, it was THAT good. I loved the main character, a beautiful strong willed woman that stays true to the nature of her heart even during the most trying of circumstances. Personally at some parts I wanted her to want revenge, but when she chose the higher path I admired her courageous spirit. The only part that bothered me was that the second book is not out yet, but I would have immediately gone and purchased it if it had been.

I would like to point out the author has other books that she had traditionally published but this book was passed up by publishers, although they praised her for the book. I have to stick my tongue out at them and say "Your Loss!" The Author decided to self publish and I am glad she did:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! :) I love reading each one.