Thursday, November 29, 2012

Author Interview with Catherine Converse

 
 


Catherine Converse

 
Tell us about yourself?



I am the mother of four children, living in beautiful Montana with my husband and children. I spend most of my free time writing, but we also really enjoy the outdoors. Ski season is coming up, so we are very excited about that, although not much snow yet! 
 
Where did you get the inspiration for your book?
 
I've always been fascinated with dreams, and the psychology of dreams. And I'm also very interested in criminology. Therefore, I put the two together and placed my characters into this world where the metaphysical abilities save lives. I also love the contrast of conflicting female protagonists, where they are both so strong mentally and physically, but in completely different ways. Of course, there's always got to be a hint of romance. Keeps things interesting.
 
What character is your favorite to create and why?

I love a good strong protagonist that has a bit of sarcasm. Maybe because I tend to be a bit sarcastic myself, especially about motherhood, and how hard it is! But I think it ads a deeper sense of character and a redeeming quality for the female protagonist. Makes them more intellectual.
 
What authors have influenced you in your writing?
 
I will say that when I began my story, I did not know that I would become an independent author, so I definitely had really enjoyed authors like Tana French, Suzanne Collins, and T. Greenwood. But now I have discovered amazing Indie authors that I have begun to really admire, such as S.R. Johannes, Addison Moore, and Elle Casey.
 
 
What is the best part about being a writer?
 
Bringing characters and stories to life, and sharing them with the world. It's a deep passion.

 
What advice do you have for other authors?
 
Just do it. You will meet negativity. Push it aside, and follow your own heart. Give it everything you've got and it will come back around. Be nice and generous with yourself to other authors and to readers. But most of all, don't give up. Persevere. I have a plaque my mother bought me that sits right next to my computer. It says, "The best way to predict your future is to create it." I believe that wholeheartedly.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! :) I love reading each one.