Thursday, November 22, 2012

Review: Vanquished by Vivi Anna


Smart, sexy, and kick-ass brave, Kat has the fighting skills of a warrior and a determination few men can match. She’s caught in a post-apocalyptic world where only the rich live well and Kat is determined to be one of them. To make her dream come true and reunite with her daughter up North, the fearless treasure hunter has to get her hands on a lot of money, and that’s going to take every bit of talent she’s got.

With her devoted partner Damian by her side, Kat sets out to make one last big score in a city rumored to be the nesting place of vicious mutated people. The stakes are high and they get even higher when she discovers her rival, Hades, is after the same thing. Big, mean, and sexy as hell, he’s just the sort of man Kat loves to take to tangle with and will if he can help her in her quest.

WARNING: contains scorching hot love scenes.



What I Thought:

First of all let me say that this is definitely an adult novel:) There is no YA crossover. Just as the WARNING says it contains scorching hot love scenes.

I began reading this story because of the synopsis. "...the fighting skills of a warrior and a determination few men can match." Yup, sounds like my kind of character. Although Kat was the main reason I wanted to read the book, the dystopian setting hooked me right off the bat. The author has a way of describing the setting that I loved.

The characters did not disappoint. Kat was exactly as you would expect her, a hell Kat. She's strong, smart and sexy. And then there was Hades, and all I can say there is YUM. For some reason I never really liked Damian, so there was never a "team ..." for me. But that's OK, Hades was just fine.

Some books that promise" hot love scenes" give you just that, but minus a good appealing story plot. This was not one of those books. The dystopian setting and the scorched landscape was wonderfully put together, making an exciting ride.

One Sentence Discription: A hell-Kat on wheels blazing through a world of death and mystery. 



Disclosure: I received this book for review from Bewitching Book Tours and from the author as part of a virtual book tour. I was not compensated. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have posted are my own. I am posting this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! :) I love reading each one.