Saturday, December 29, 2012

Author Interview by Kenna McKinnon





I was interviewed by Kenna McKinnon, make sure and stop by her blog and show some love:)
Here is the interview!

____________________________________________

1. When did you first know you wanted to be a writer? 

Becoming a writer happened over a long period. I have always loved to write, there is a beauty in words, and new worlds waiting to become created. Eventually my “stories” started to become novels. It has been an almost insatiable need since then.
2. How do you find ideas for your stories? 

I find ideas in everything. There are certain things that I will experience and I will think, oh my gosh that would be so great in… or I’ll experience this passionate part of life and think it would be so wonderful to describe those emotions. My muse is life, and everything that it has to offer.

3. Have you traveled extensively and where do you live now? 

I grew up with my father in the Air Force. We were stationed in England for four years, and during that time I was able to visit France, Belgium and Germany. It was an exciting part of my life and I hope to go back some day.

I currently live in Utah, in a Valley surrounded by majestic mountains.

4. What are your favorite vacation spots and why?

My favorite vacation spot is a trip down my heritage. My ancestry is originally from Guatemala. I would love to someday have a bed in breakfast in my favorite spot, the former capital of Guatemala, Antigua. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been, a wild explosion of green.

5. What's your favorite place to write? 

My favorite place to write is in the front room on the couch. My son is usually watching some preschool show that he loves like Superwhy or Dora the Explorer and I’m using the quiet before the storm to create my own worlds.

6. Which era do you wish you'd been born in? 

I actually wish I could be born in the future, a time more like the Star Trek series, a society exploring the frontier of space. I would definitely have signed up for Starfleet if it were during my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! :) I love reading each one.