Saturday, January 12, 2013

What Oprah has in common with Fumi Hancock, author of The Adventures of Jewel Cardwell: Hydra’s Nest: A List of My Favorite Things…







                                                        
This holiday season has really given me an incentive to drum up a list of my favorite things. As an established author and one who is crazy about fashion, the holiday season is an extremely creative time for me. I love to create fashions for my extraordinary sassy women (young and matured) as well as dazzle myself in my own “royalty inspired” designs. As some of my friends know me, my slogan is Every Woman is a Princess…. Live the Dream ©. My list will be exploring my designs. Stay tuned.

In lieu of my speech, just like Oprah’s Favorite things; I have created my own
favorite things list for my readers. I look forward to hearing from you… perhaps we share the same taste or you also like any of what have made its way on my list.

Secondly, I am considering making some of these products available to my readers, friends, family and admirers at some point. Sassy Jewel in the Adventures of Jewel Cardwell is going postal over fashions and may be sharing some with you all…So, WATCH OUT.

1.  
A Trip to Exotic Africa.
                                                                                                                                        (source: wordlatlas.com)

Five years ago, I had a chance to return to Africa after almost 24 years of absence. The journey was an incredible one… one I will never forget and one which has changed the course of my life.  Stunningly, those who have equally taken the trips to Africa with me have reported experiencing an incredible and life changing experience.  Since my first return, I have created the Adassa Adumori Foundation, Inc. a US 501( c) 3 working with underprivileged families in Africa. Check out: www.adassafoundation.org .

      
  

To date, we have opened the first state of the
library in a community located in the remote region of West Africa, where my family rules as the royal household.  My passion for African children and providing them with quality education with one I have common with Oprah. She has opened a school for girls in South Africa and continues to support her African children. Perhaps you think you may want to go on this incredible journey with my team, you may send an email: giveback@adassafoundation.org. For those who are unable to go, you may choose to offer an helping hand my telling the worked about what we do or donating…. This coming January, 2013, we will be offering some scholarships to some 40 deserving children. We are also raising funds for our next big project: building a Youth Center in Africa.
2. The Young Adult Fantasy Book: The Adventures of Jewel Cardwell
: Hydra’s Nest (see: http://www.amazon.com/Fumi-Hancock/e/B009BHBI6S).

                   

So, I voted my newly written young adult novel, a testimony to my love for reading, in particular fantasy novels. A while back, when Oprah was asked if she watched television, her response was that she reads a lot.  She supports this by creating the Oprah’s Book Club. Perhaps one day, my book will be nominated for her Book Club…. An incredible dream, I know my readers can help to make come true by giving a shout out to Oprah directly. In the meantime, I am grateful to all of my readers who pushed the book to rank #4 on the Amazon’s Best Seller’s List- Teens- Horror category on Nov. 16-17, 2012.
                     

It was awesome. Hopefully, we can make that happen again. Today, I also woke up to seeing that The Adventures of Jewel Cardwell was listed as #1 on a campaign email sent out to readers by Amazon.

                   


A Big thank you for giving me a chance to share my gift with you all. Please keep all of your reviews coming. In addition, while you are visiting my Amazon website, please do me the honors of liking and tagging my book. It helps. 

3. Lola’s Fashion-4-Life Wallet-Clutch & Her Majesty’s Power Tote: Designed and made by ME. I must confess, my trips to Africa have really inspired me to design and love the unique fabrics I have acquired through the years. In addition, my royal family in West Africa has equally my inspiration for these designs. As such, I wanted to design fashions which will help in raising funds for my work in Africa.  Adassa Brand is a lifestyle brand waiting in the wings to be launched. While many have told me they love my designs, I am still designing if I needed to officially release the collection to everyone. Please tell me what you think.



            
                            
4.  My Wow Factor Jewerly: All designed by me to appease my love for unique pieces.

                             
      
5.  Oh…. My sweet taste of “Cinderella slippers” to match my clutch…. Designed my MOI… to please my heart desire…

                                  
       

6. And argh…. The
Adassa Brand itself….

             
    

Now, I am counting the days when I will finally be able to fit into these clothes. In the meantime, I share my heart with you all. Happy holidays and please do drop me a line or two. Will like to know what you think of my list.
Yours Truthfully,
Fumi Hancock
Author, The Adventures of Jewel Cardwell: Hydra’s Nest.
fumi@worldoffumihancock.com
www.worldoffumihancock.com









A WISH LIST TO MY READERS:


Purchase  & Review at:
Click here to sample or buy (US) : Amazon.com
Click here to sample or buy: (UK): Amazon.com
Click here to sample or buy: Barnes & Nobles

Subscribe to:



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! :) I love reading each one.