Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: Year of the Dead by Jack J. Lee


Year of the Dead Cover
Year of the Dead (Sustainable Earth)

Author: Jack J. Lee.



Find it on Amazon

Author's Website

Author's Facebook


5 Stars- Absolutely LOVED this book













Book Description(as described on Amazon):
An advanced alien civilization sends out probes to study and preserve different planetary cultures and biospheres. A probe evaluates Earth and determines that humanity is headed toward extinction due to self-inflicted environmental degradation. In order to make Earth sustainable and to save humanity, the probe decides that Earth’s population must be radically reduced.

The probe is programmed with prime directives that force it to make all interventions culturally appropriate. Since pop culture is full of movies describing the end of the world by zombies and vampires, the probe manufactures viruses that create an outbreak of these creatures. Ninety-eight percent of humanity is wiped out by culturally-sensitive environmentalist aliens who are here to save us.

This is a story of people living in Salt Lake City, Utah when the alien probe destroys the world. The unlucky, slow, and foolish die quickly. This isn’t a typical zombie apocalypse story about a bunch of victims wandering the world slowly getting picked off one-by-one. This novel is about people, who refuse to be victims. They understand that the only way to survive is to band together and to control their environment. The aliens, zombies, and vampires need to be taught that on Earth the top predator will always be human.

My thoughts: I LOVED this book. I am currently reading three or four books, and by reading I mean I started the first couple chapters, and I will eventually get back to them... who knows when:) I have been super busy with the current round of editing, and really haven't had any time to read. Oh, who am I kidding, there is always time for reading, if its the right book! And this certainly was the right book. I was hooked from the start, the book rushes into action and really never stops. The characters where relatable and entertaining, as they fight to survive in a deadly new world.

The book is set in SLC Utah:) I really enjoyed this. The description of the towns and the areas people is great, I could almost imagine the areas around me covered in zombies... and vampires... did I mention I live in Utah? The only bad part is that I will have to wait to read the next book in the series, I told myself I was not allowed to pop open another book until I finish this round...darn it:( 
I didnt even know it was a series until I read the sneak peak at the end and it blew me away. FLDS and Vampires/Zombies...Super cool.


Once Sentance Description: A bloody fun tale of the undead!


2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this book- but it sounds fascintating. I like the description and your review was awesome. My boyfriend would probably like this one, too. It is nice when I find a book we both might like and want to read. :)

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cover looks scary but in an awesome way :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! :) I love reading each one.